Friday, August 26, 2011

"Courageous" Is Amazing (& better than "Fireproof")

What's the best movie you've ever seen? That's always a fun topic for a water-cooler or lunch-time moment, and, if you're like me, the most-recent ones always seem to rank higher on the list.

I like action movies just like the next guy, but they never make my Top 5. I prefer an entertaining film that inspires me & moves me -- something that is going to have a lasting stay.

This fall, a lot of moviegoers -- particularly men with children -- are going to walk out of the theater saying to themselves, "That's one of the best movies I've ever seen." And they may be crying, hopefully moved to action.

The movie is "Courageous," and it was made by a church, the same one that made "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof." I enjoyed Facing the Giants and was moved by Fireproof. But after seeing a screening of Courageous -- which spotlights four cops trying to be better fathers -- I was floored.

Read more...

Until next time...share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat