Thursday, March 24, 2011

Radical Hindrances To The Gospel

By Thom Rainer

I am immensely indebted to the preaching and ministry of David Platt. David's candor in preaching has exposed the idolatrous meandering of American culture into the pit of mammon worship.

My deep sense of personal gratitude is why LifeWay has chosen to partner with David Platt to simulcast Secret Church to churches and homes all over the nation.

David's challenge to the church in America is to be radical about her faith. Being radical simply means devotion and obedience to Jesus' commands. Sadly, simple obedience to Jesus is "radical" in our culture because we have loved idols for so long.

About eight years ago I conducted research regarding the unchurched in America. In "The Unchurched Next Door" I discovered some sobering realities about the lostness of our country. From David Platt I learned about the waywardness of some of America's churches. I believe there is some overlap between these two groups.

Read more...

Until next time...share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat