Friday, July 9, 2010

Coming To Your Church Monday Morning...

Yesterday I walked into a church in Central Texas and made the pleasant discovery of the church employees and ministerial staff wearing name tags. Even the pastor was wearing a name tag!

Apparently this church began doing this as a way to connect with Hurricane Katrina refugees a few years ago. And they have continued wearing their name tags daily as a way to greet guests in their buildings throughout the week.

I promptly thanked the pastor saying to him how helpful it was to me as a first time guest in their church building. It made me think of this article I had just read earlier in the week by Diana Davis.

Coming to your church Monday morning...

Until next time...share the journey and enjoy the ride! (and wear those name tags!)

Pat