Thursday, March 4, 2010

Growth Points: A Sunday School Growth And Evaluation Tool

I enjoyed an email conversation last week with David Troublefield who is the Minister of Education at Lamar Baptist Church in Wichita Falls, Texas. He had found me on the web and was looking for help locating some old Action Plan materials as part of a DMin Project related to Andy Anderson’s Growth Spiral. If you don’t know at least something about Action Plan, Growth Spiral, or Andy Anderson, you need a history lesson in Sunday School work which space here doesn’t allow.

Anyway, I enjoyed my conversation with David and we swapped some antidotal stores about Andy Anderson. And as part of my comments to David I suggested that he contact Ken Marler at LifeWay as a helpful resource person for his DMin Project.

Ken is a great Sunday School guy and an even better person. I first met him years ago at Glorieta and have tried to continue to learn from him from a distance. And it is now my extreme privilege to work with Ken on the same ministry team at LifeWay. He is still the go-to-guy on our team for all things Sunday School especially when it comes to growth principles. You will benefit greatly from a practical guide he has compiled entitled Growth Points: A Sunday School Growth and Evaluation Tool.

You can access and download the Growth Points file at http://workspace.office.live.com/ by signing into my account at pat.ford@lifeway.com using the password "PASSWORD".

And don't miss the file Sunday School in a Simple Church also found there.

Click here for Growth Points video training by Ken Marler.

Until next time…share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat