Friday, February 26, 2010

LifeWay Church Building Conference

I have been in lots of church buildings. In my current role with LifeWay I am in multiple churches every week. In fact, I know I've been in almost 300 different churches in just the last 2 1/2 years. And I visit most of those churches multiple times a year. But, I wish I knew how many church buildings I have been in during my lifetime. It's a bunch!

And I have spent many hours in church buildings. For 35 years prior to coming to work for LifeWay I was on a church staff somewhere, which means I have spent a lot of time at church. I feel like I have lived at church!

My conclusion from all this is:

1. I understand church buildings and what makes them work well and what doesn't.

2. Some architects and builders don't have a clue how to design and build church buildings that work well, especially for Baptist churches.

So, what's my point. Here it is: churches need to utilize architects and builders who deeply understand Baptist churches and how they use and move in their buildings.

For those of you contemplating a capital funding campaign or building project in the future, here is a conference you need to know about.

2010 Mid-South Church Building Conference
LifeWay Christian Resources, Nashville, TN
Thursday, April 15, 2010

Until next time...share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat