Greetings from LifeWay!
Summer is now upon us and churches are shifting into high gear for VBS, summer camps, mission trips, etc. In the midst of it all don’t get caught short in your planning for the fall. Here are some updates to help.
Fall Planning Guide
Looking for ideas for ministry strategies and resources for the fall? Wondering what’s new from LifeWay? Check out the Fall 2009 Planning Guide. A copy is included in your LifeWay Order Packet received in your church office each quarter. You can download a copy of the Fall 2009 Planning Guide here.
Connect3 was created to challenge Sunday School classes and small groups to become intentional about connecting with other people on three levels. Any class or group can apply these principles, whether any of the other groups in your church do or not! After reading and studying Connect3, you should be able to:
- Identify the level at which your class or group currently functions
- Discover ideas for operating on each level with greater meaning
- Decide whether you want to move to a higher level or stay where you are.
Use the link below to download free training resources to teach the Connect3 concepts to your Sunday School or small groups ministry teams. You'll find teaching plans, presentations, and handouts for general ministry, preschool, childhood, student, and adult applications. And for the first time this year, there is a complete audio version of the booklet, read by David Francis.
Download the free Connect3 resources here.
Deuteronomy 6 tells us that parents are to be the primary disciplers of their children. They are to teach God's Word at home, on the road, at bedtime, and all through the day. But with so many other responsibilities - taxi drivers, cooks, breadwinners, wardrobe consultants, referees, homework helpers, social secretaries, and more - parents need specific help to become the individuals and moms and dads God wants them to be.
Enter the new Life Truths. It's designed with the understanding that parents lead these impossibly busy lives. And because it's geared toward strengthening individuals, couples, and entire families, it strengthens your Sunday School ministry as a result.
- Written for parents by parents - Who knows better how relying on the truth of God's Word improves the parenting experience?
- Acknowledges the busy lives of parents - So it requires minimal advance preparation on the part of learners
- Stresses interaction between class participants - Parents become a valuable resource to each other
- Supplements the in-class experience with e-mailable content for midweek contacts - Leaders can e-mail practical activities for individuals, couples, and families right where they can put it to immediate use - at home
For more information, a video presentation, and to download free samples, go here.
Sunday School vs. Small Groups
Did you see the May 19th epic online debate Sunday School vs. Small Groups featuring David Francis and Rick Howerton? Who won? Who lost? And does it really matter?
Download the entire event and you'll get to see every minute of the action, including answers to viewer questions. You can purchase this video in both low-resolution (individual use) and standard definition (group use) formats.
You can download it here.
Summer Magazine Overview
As you seek to encourage and minister to families this summer, use this one page overview of LifeWay Family Magazines. It will help you more intentionally use your investment in these resources to positively impact the families in your church and community. (Use the password "PASSWORD" to sign-in and access the document.)
Enjoy These Two Ministry Articles
Making Summer Count
Sunday School Checklist for June, July, August
Until next time...share the journey and enjoy the ride!