Monday, January 26, 2009

Top 10 Observations About Growing Churches

Written by Chuck Gaines

Recently while speaking at a Sunday School leadership event I was asked, “What are some characteristics of growing, exciting churches that you are coming across in your work?” For the first time in 32 years of ministry I could not quote the experts of research – somebody wanted to know what I see in churches today! I am thankful the question was asked at a scheduled break! I had at least 15 minutes to construct a response.

I first thought about ignoring the question and “shifting gears” after the break – maybe everyone would forget the question. However, the talk around the coffee pot was, “I can’t wait to hear what he’s going to say to that question!” I grabbed my coffee and started jotting notes which quickly resembled a “Top Ten” list. I share the list with you and remind you: these are ten of my observations.

Read more…

Until next time...share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat