Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Staff Development And Leadership

I had the wonderful pleasure recently to meet with the educational staff of the First Baptist Church of Lafayette, LA led by Minister of Education, Gary Ruffin. People in Louisiana are known as a hospitable bunch but this is especially true of the folks at FBC Lafayette. I always look forward to visiting there because I know that I will come away encouraged and blessed by their gracious spirit, generous hospitality, and gregarious fellowship.

During our time together we discussed ideas and resources regarding family ministry as well as updates about new resources from LifeWay for effective ministry in a variety of other ministry areas. And, of course, we then went to lunch which was a delightful time of fellowship over some great Cajun cuisine.

All this to say, it reminded me of the rewarding experience it is to serve alongside others on a daily basis working hard and having some fun along the way. And, this experience was fresh on my mind as I ran across the following articles related to staff development and leadership that I think have lots of good points to ponder.

Index of Staff Development Resources

Meetings


Setting the Tone for Effective Meetings

Tips for Running the Effective Meeting

Half the Meetings, Twice the Productivity

Until next time…share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat