Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ministers Making Ministry Transitions

I seem to find myself talking to church leaders from time to time about making ministry transitions. No, I’m not talking about leading a church through a change process and helping them transition to new more effective ways of doing things. I’m talking about ministers who sense a need to transition to a different place to serve in ministry.

Such conversations are always important because of the incredible opportunity and responsibility to talk and pray with a minister about relocating their family and beginning life and ministry in a brand new place. Personally, I understand this all too well and I’ve learned a lot both from my good and bad experiences. It causes me to believe the following articles offer valuable help to those considering or who are in the process of making a ministry transition.

How to Know When It's Time to Go


10 Factors to Consider Before Leaving Your Church

How to Leave Your Church With Grace

How to Leave a Successor File

10 Issues to Clarify When Dealing with a Search Committee

Help! My Pastor Search Committee Lied to Me

How to Begin Your Ministry with Integrity

Set Yourself Up for Success in Your New Church

How to Work with Major Influencers in Your Church

How to Develop Relationships in Your New Church

5 Principles for Good Relationships With Your Church Family

5 Land Mines Pastors Should Avoid

Overcoming Pitfalls of Leadership

Until next time…share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat