Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How To Start A New Members Class

One of the most enjoyable experiences I have had in ministry has been the occasions when I have taught a New Members Class. Some of my fondest relationships in churches were first formed in such classes. Those attending came with lots of anticipation and great questions. They were eager and open to new relationships and I was getting the first shot at them.

If you are planning a new New Members Class this fall or needing to revamp the one you already have, here is a great article entitled appropriately enough, How to Start a New Member Orientation Class, that can help walk you through the evaluation and planning process to make it happen. You will also want see my blog entry for April 27 about Closing The Back Door And Assimilating New Members.

Until next time…share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat