Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weeping for Willow’s Disciples And Outreach Magazine

I read a great article in the January/February issue of Outreach Magazine entitled Weeping for Willow’s Disciples. It was actually somewhat of an editorial from Ed Stetzer, Director of LifeWay Research and LifeWay’s missiologist-in-residence. I wanted to refer you to the article but for the life of me I can’t find a link. So, if you’re really interested, email me and I will send you a pdf copy. Or, if you find a link, send it to me!

In the midst of commenting on recent news from Willow Creek, Ed raises the question “The real question is this: Does your church obey the Great Commission?” and then concludes his article with “How many disciples are we really making?” Both are great questions in the midst of all our ministry busy-ness and the many church life distractions and disruptions.

What about you? What are you doing that you could stop doing or give away to someone else in order for you to better focus your energies on making disciples?

AND, while searching for a link to this article it came to me that perhaps I need to tell you about Ourtreach Magazine and its website. I have been receiving this bi-monthly magazine for awhile now and in every issue I find articles and editorials that make me stop and think as it gives its helpful ministry ideas, insights, and stories. You can find it @
www.OutreachMagazine.com. Its major articles are archived on its website, but for the full experience you’ll need to subscribe to the print version.

Until next time…share the journey and enjoy the ride!

Pat